Avalon is a small, tuition-free public charter school for students in grades 6-12, located in the Saint Anthony Park neighborhood of Saint Paul, Minnesota. At Avalon, our curricular focus is Project-Based Learning, a model which empowers our students to explore their passions while developing the communication, time management and collaborative skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century.
Avalon School seeks to establish a just world by nurturing an equitable school community for students that inspires active learning, social justice, engaged citizenship, and hope for the future.
All positions include competitive pay and benefits. Come join an innovative student centered learning community with a social justice mission, project-based curriculum and teacher ownership.
Current Employment Opportunities
Positions for the 2022-2023 School Year. Open until filled unless otherwise noted.
- High School Advisor [Art or Social Studies preferred]
- We are seeking a 1.0 FTE licensed high school teacher for the 2022-2023 school year, with preferred licensure in Art or Social Studies. This position includes competitive pay and benefits. Come join an innovative, student-centered learning community with a social justice mission, project-based curriculum, and teacher ownership. This position involves working with 22 mixed-aged students in an advisory model on interdisciplinary projects.
- Special Education
Educational Assistant, 38 hours per week/school year position.
- Special Education Teacher, grades 6-12 1.0 FTE
- Occupational Therapist 50-.60 FTE
- EL Teacher (5 hours per week)
- Spanish Teacher & World Language Project Advisor (5-6 hours per week)
- (EL and Spanish positions could be combined into a single position if desired and applicable.)